Tulsa, OK (Tuesday, December 15, 2015) – Leake Auction Company has secured 40 Corvettes from renowned Corvette aficionado and classic car collector Tom Falbo of Smithers, WV. The collection will be sold without reserve during their Oklahoma City auction, February 19, 20 and 21 in the Cox Pavilion on the Fairgrounds. The collection features Corvettes from 1957-1975, with twenty from 1967.
For decades Tom Falbo amassed a large collection of vehicles. After accumulating some of the rarest and most desirable Corvettes ever produced, Tom decided to fine tune his collection. Many of the Corvettes are documented, numbers matching originals with low mileage. In addition to the 40 Corvettes, 75 other vehicles will also be offered without reserve.
“This collection was a huge find for us. We had to extend our Oklahoma City auction to three days to accommodate it,” stated Richard Sevenoaks, president of Leake Auction Company. “We believe this auction will set the market for Corvettes with forty crossing the block without reserve.”
Highlights from the collection include:
- 1967 Corvette Convertible – black with red stinger, red leather interior, 427 CID/435 HP/4-Spd
- 1967 Corvette Coupe – white with red stinger, red vinyl interior, 427 CID/435 HP/4-Spd
- 1967 Corvette Coupe – red with black stinger, red leather interior, 427 CID/400 HP/4-Spd
- 1967 Corvette Coupe – black with red stinger, red vinyl interior, 427 CID/400 HP/4-Spd
- 2005 Ford GT – red with a white stripe, black leather interior, 5.4L, 550 HP,V8,6-Spd
- 1970 Pontiac GTO The Judge Convertible – gold metallic, tan interior, 400 CID, 360 HP 4-Spd
- 1956 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible – light green, light green leather interior, 365 CID, 325 HP, V8, auto transmission
“This collection of automobiles is one of the best examples of an owner who loved his wheels. You cannot want anything more than mid-60’s Corvettes with very low miles,” stated Jeffrey Kopp of the Reich Brothers. “I began my inspection of the collection, and the first one I was shown was a 1957 pink Cadillac! It’s a very impressive collection.”
For more information about the Falbo collection or other vehicles consigned to the auction, visit LeakeCar.com or call 918.254.7077. VIN numbers for vehicles consigned to the auction are available on Leake’s website. Admission to the auction is $20 for adults, $15 for seniors and military with ID and $7 for children under 12.
Leake Auction Company was established in 1972 as one of the first car auctions in the country. Forty-three years later the auction company has sold over 35,000 cars and currently holds auctions in Tulsa, Oklahoma City and Dallas. Recently they have been featured on several episodes of two reality TV series – Fast N’ Loud on Discovery and The Car Chasers on CNBC Prime.
For media purposes only, hi-resolution photos and VINs are available upon request.